Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Peter the Power Port and Snow Shoveling = Yellow and Black Pectoral

Well, we've now get another data point involving Peter the Power Port. Apparently when you shovel wet, heavy snow with a 4 day old power port in your upper chest, it results in a very interesting set of bruising on your pectoral. I shifted my normal shoveling orientation so that I wasn't lifting the snow with my left arm but apparently whatever I did either drove out a lot of bruising that was inside my upper chest muscles to the surface or I've just ripped open my chest a little bit. The bruising was definitely grey and yellow which to me means old blood. So I'm thinking that I was just flushing old gunk out of my upper chest from the port procedure on Friday and that this is a step forward! But my wing man/management team has put me on the IR wrt to snow shoveling for a while. I've got a call into the thoracic surgeon this morning to get a quick insight on whether they want to look at my chest today or wait for my (already scheduled) post op checkup tomorrow.

On the bright side, I had a great night's sleep last night. Feeling really chipper this morning. I drank a TON of water yesterday to help flush everything from my system so I will continue to do that today.

More news as it happens!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings George - great to see that you're doing well, and that your spirits are so good. Susan is tremendous as wing-man (actullly wing-WOMAN) this I can vouch for. We are continuing steadfast and faithful to the prayer and meditation algorithm of anchoring your recovery. Peace and blessings!

    ReplyDelete