Monday, March 15, 2010

Chemo prep - clean teeth, short hair

Another couple of logistics taken care of today. The oncology nurse suggested that I get my teeth cleaned before I start the chemo. When you get your teeth cleaned they kick up some bacteria in your mouth and when your WBCs are getting their ass kicked by the chemo you'd like to avoid any chance of bacteria getting a foothold in your mouth or elsewhere in your body.

So got the teeth cleaned, gums and teeth are fine. One less thing to worry about for the next six months!

Next step - getting the dark locks trimmed down so that if I do start losing my hair it won't be too gross or traumatic. The K-man was my wing man on this outing and also got his mane trimmed down - here's the current look post haircut:

Well, we're probably not going to win any beauty contests but  that's the way it goes, I guess. And although I look like a pipsqueak in this picture, I am a bit over 6' so that gives you a sense for Kyle's height these days!

1 comment:

  1. Unless you like the barber, by a pair of (clippers < $20) and tell the the wife, "set clippers on stun!"

    ReplyDelete