Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The China Study

So WTF are so many people getting cancer? Seems like there's so much emphasis on understanding and treating the cell biology of cancer and way less energy being spent on understanding why there is such a marked rise in the incident of certain cancers in the US and Europe. On this topic, Ross pointed out an interesting book that talks about nutrition and cancer (among other health issues) - check out The China Study. I haven't read the entire book yet but I have it on my Kindle and will get through it soon. After having looked at this book a bit we're thinking about going the vegan route. Hey, if changing our diet keeps us healthy for the next 30 years I would definitely trade meats and dairy for that! I think the dairy would be the biggest change for us. We don't eat a ton of meat but dairy would be a big change - no cheese, no eggs, no milk. I think we're going to try for a week starting next week and see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment