Friday, March 25, 2011

my newest set of chemo mgmt toys

Tonight I showed the k-man my newest set of toys to deal with the difficulty of sitting down at the cancer clinic all day for 5 days in a row. It's been a bit of a slog! So at home, I've got the mag-fluid trainer setup in front of my biggish monitor in the study. Here it is setup for a ride before I climb on for a bit of a spin while watching The Blues Brothers movie. Nice music and a classic comedy:

I've got the Garmin 705 with heart monitor on the bike so I can keep my heart rate pretty mellow (< 120 beats/minute). Remote control for the Bose speakers so I can control the volume. Resistance cable strapped to the handlebar to change the resistance to the point that I get nice, smooth spinning across a reasonable set of gears. To the lower right, you can see the trusty guitar I use to play bad Johnny Cash renditions. If you're really lucky, Susan and I may make a duet of us singing something like Ring of Fire and post it for your edification :)

So it's nice to know that even if I'm strapped to a chair all day getting poisons injected into me that I can still get on the bike at the end of the day! Definitely makes a difference in how I feel and how I'm sleeping at night.

Well, tomorrow is day -2. So far, so good. One more day of chemo, a day of rest and then we start the steep climb of getting my stem cells back and getting through a week or two of worry about infection and some more fatigue.

ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment