Monday, March 28, 2011

The boys are back in town

I'm happy to report that my wandering stem cells have started to return today to their old stomping grounds in my bone marrow. I got about 65% of them today and will get the rest of them tomorrow. All in all the procedure was pretty uneventful. I had a bit of nausea when they started but that quickly died down. The biggest side effect is that the solvent they use to thaw the blood cells (DMSO) has a pretty strong smell. I can't really smell it but to Susan I smell like a 6 ft tall Chinese baby corn. Huh. Anyway, this should go away in the next couple of days.

I've got a few fun pics to post of the process, which I'll do tomorrow. For now, some sleep and positive thoughts about my new buddies settling down and getting to work building me a nice new immune system.
Boo-yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment