Thursday, April 29, 2010

Support from my soccer peeps

One of the things high up on my list of Good Things in Life is soccer. I love to play it, I love to coach it, I love to watch it on TV. Pretty much me, soccer, love. This spring I decided not to play on my men's team because I didn't want to use up a spot and I didn't want to be out there playing shitty soccer (well, shittier than I play when I'm healthy). Susan and I have been riding a lot on Sunday's as well (which has been great!), but I haven't gotten to watch one of the team's games on Sunday. All in all, it's been pretty absent from my life these last couple of months.

Tuesday the boys had a game and afterward sent me a fun picture of some of the Murphy's gang. Before you ask, I'm not sure why that one guy has his hand in his pants. If you know these guys, you can probably come to some reasonable conclusions. And if you don't, well, just don't think about it. The one guy has "George" on his t-shirt (hard to see in the picture) so this is a great sign of support from a great group of guys. My chemo won't get done until a few games into the fall season but if things go well I'll get back onto the pitch in late September and be with these guys for the 2nd half of the fall season.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you back out there next fall! We miss you each and every game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet if you were playing this season you would be finding yourself justifying more fist fighting with opposing team members...so maybe a break is good for more than one reason. JK. So glad to see the support from the world's greatest game!!!

    ReplyDelete