Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday check-up; all systems in the green

Just a quick post today to let you know that I went to the cancer center for a quick check-up today. My blood work is rebounding from the last chemo session nicely and everything looks good. Temp, bp, O2 sat, weight all good. I'm moving down to 20 mg/day of prednisone this week. My lungs are clear and my pulmonary function continues to feel more normal.

We talked a bit about the problem I had with my left arm swimming. This may be from the phlebitis in my vein or there may be some damage in the vein from the port. In either case, range of motion exercises (like swimming) will help. The nurse practitioner also suggested I look into acupuncture to help stimulate blood flow and circulation in my left arm and shoulder. I'm not sure I'll pursue this - I'm sure it would help but at this point I'm trying to reduce the amount of energy it takes just to keep my body functioning at a reasonable level. Adding another care giver to the mix is kind of going in the wrong direction. But we'll see - if the swimming alone doesn't help resolve this I may look into acupuncture.

The next big milestone is a CT/PET scan in early October. At that time, I should be off the prednisone and fairly well recovered from the chemo. With those stabilizing factors in place, the scan should show a nice, quiet lymphatic system with no abnormal growth going on.

Oh, yeah, one more plug - we've having a big party on September 25th to celebrate what we think will be a Fabulous Fall for us. So if you're in the Boulder area that weekend, please stop by! The evite link describing the party is here.

Ok, that's it for now. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment