Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BStrong bike ride on August 13th

One other thing I wanted to mention is that I'm doing a fund raising bike ride on August 13. 75 miles and 4500 vertical feet of biking around Boulder to benefit Livestrong. . Information on the ride is available on the ride web site at http://www.bstrongride.com/. I am also soliciting donations which can be made online at my page for the ride at http://bstrongride.livestrong.org/georgef.

 There are various ride lengths ranging in distance from 1 miles (for the kiddies) 25 mile ride (mostly flat) and a 75 mile (goes up to Ward and Peak-to-Peak). This is the ride I’m planning on doing.  If you read the story about Kevin on the main page, you’ll see that his two oncologists had to push him up to Ward on his bike. In contrast, my care team is so great that I can get up to Ward on my own now!!! All joking aside, the story of Kevin is pretty powerful and worth sharing. He was one sick dude and it’s really great to see him fight back from his troubles. I’m excited about participating in the ride and doing my little bit to raise awareness and some money to help improve the quality of care that cancer patients can receive here in Boulder County.

So if you live around Boulder County and like to ride bikes I'd love to ride with you on the 13th. If you're not local or don't want to ride, feel free to send some money through my ride page - it's going to a good cause, developing improved cancer care facilities here in Boulder.
cya on the bike!

g
 



No comments:

Post a Comment