Tuesday, January 18, 2011

week 1 - bumps are shrinking. Take that, bitch!

Had a pretty good day today. But before the big news, a summary of last week. I did the ICE protocol last week. Kind of a pain logistically. With ABVD you get it all in a 3-4 hour period, typically on monday. With ICE, you get it over 3 days.  So I was in the chemo center 4 days in a row. 3 infusions, including an overnight infusion administered by a little pump in a fanny pack I had to take home with me. Then a WBC booster shot on Thursday. And I felt kind of punky through the weekend. Luckily the chemo center is about 5 minutes from my office and only 15 minutes from home so it's really easy to get over there.

But the good news is that the two bumps on my neck are definitely shrinking!!! I went into the oncologist this morning and one of them is a bit smaller and the other one has pretty much disappeared. Man, when these drugs work, they WORK! And this week, I'm feeling pretty much back to normal. Sleeping well, GI plumbing pretty much back to normal (I HATE being constipated..) and I'm working out with moderate energy (10 mile bike Saturday, 2 mile run Sunday, 6 mile ride yesterday, 20 minutes on the running treadmill tonight).

I will probably lose my hair but that typically doesn't happen for another few weeks. So for now, I'm feeling ok, feeling really good that the cancer cells are getting their asses handed to them by the chemo and I look pretty normal (well, as normal as I ever look).

So that's the quick status. I've got some other more philosophical ramblings I'll post here in a bit but for now, that's it. Hope you're  having a good week!

3 comments:

  1. Prayers! As you can rest assured, we are cranking up the supersonic prayer engines in Cleveland. X-treme Gregorian Chant and Polyphony to the max. Throw in some solid prayer intentions and devotions, and you got it. OK so you take heart and be of good courage and cheer. Know that "The-Positive-Force-For-Good-In-The-Universe" is right there with you at all times, and will always be with you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear this - great news. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got the Bozeman 511, Paleolab, BSI, and Be The Change Yoga studio contingents on your side too! Great work...keep up the good courage and spirits like Jim said! Love you very much!

    ReplyDelete